Jan, 09 2024
It is totally normal to lose some hair every day. However, when you're losing a lot of hair, it might be tough to determine what's causing it, especially in women. It can be difficult to determine why you're suddenly losing more hair than usual because there are so many potential causes of hair loss in women. Some, such as hereditary hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), are out of your hands. Others, however, can be controlled or even reversed if detected early, such as traction alopecia or transient hair loss (a fairly common disorder known as telogen effluvium). Certain causes of female hair loss result in abrupt shedding, whereas others may become more evident over time.
This post, written with the assistance of our skilled hair specialists, known for giving the best hair fall treatment in Faridabad and South Delhi, will shed light on the leading causes of sudden hair loss in females. Knowing the cause of hair loss is the first step toward finding an effective treatment.
Top Reasons of Hair Fall in Female
1. Trauma and Surgery- For our body, trauma is not only physical. Even mental or emotional stresses are acute traumas that can result in hair fall.
a) Emotional and Mental Stress – The stress of examination in students, losing a loved one, mental/physical illness of self or family member, and broken relationships are some of the commonly known emotional upsets resulting in hair fall.
b) Physical Trauma- Acute illness is an example of physical trauma. When our body experiences high-grade fever like malaria, typhoid, dengue, and viral fever, these sudden illnesses impact the hair's growth cycle. Due to this, hair growth is hampered and fall is experienced.
2. Crash Diet – Suddenly reducing the required basic minimal calories harms the hair. Therefore, it is important to know that weight loss should always be slow and steady. A sudden crash diet is one of the top causes of sudden hair fall.
3. Hormonal Changes
4. Chronic Diseases – chronic health concerns like diabetes are a cause of hair fall. When blood sugar levels are not under control, or there is a spurt in blood sugar levels, sudden hair fall is experienced by many.
5. Drugs & Medications – birth control pills, anti-cancer drugs, antidepressants, cholesterol-lowering drugs and some anti-acne medications like retinoids are some common drug categories that can cause hair fall in many.
6. Nutritional Deficiency – iron deficiency is one of the top causes of various nutritional deficiencies, especially in Indian females, resulting in hair fall. Vitamin B2, B12, biotin and folate are other common deficiencies that cause hair fall.
7. Overdose of Supplements – on the one hand, where deficiencies cause hair fall, supplement intake is a cause, too! The market for supplements and people’s inclination towards them has grown tremendously. The unchecked continuous intake of supplements taken in good belief is a known cause of hair fall. Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Selenium deserve a mention here.
It is important to discuss with your dermatologist which supplements are needed for hair fall with the right duration of intake. This is one of the easiest steps in preventing the sudden hair fall that happens with the pills that are popped in thinking that it would help in hair fall.
Female-patterned baldness (androgenetic alopecia) is the most prevalent cause of hair loss in women. OTC drugs may aid in hair loss reduction and growth. There are numerous other reasons for hair loss. Other types of hair loss may necessitate addressing the underlying cause.
Consult our expert doctor if you have troubling hair loss, shedding, or thinning. Our expert doctor at Skination Clinic provides the best hair fall treatment in South Delhi and Faridabad and can assist you in determining the origin of your symptoms and developing a comprehensive treatment plan. To get your hair locks back, book an appointment now!
Feb 08, 2024
Feb 07, 2024